Trimming the TBR

Today there were 2879 books on my To-Read list in Goodreads. Last time I purged, I end up with 2831, so obviously I added more...

This time around I purged a bunch of homemaking, home living books.


It's All Too Much and Open Heart, Open Home


The Hidden Art of Homemaking and Keeping House


A Life That Says Welcome and The Art of Romantic Living


For the Family's Sake and Passionate Housewives Desperate for God


Practicing Hospitality and Manners Made Easy


Made from Scratch and Simply Living Smart


Making Work at Home Work and Making a Family Home


Organized Simplicity and An Everlasting Meal


Living Well, Spending Less and The Life Giving Home

These 18 books are about housekeeping, homemaking, family life and simplifying. I don't remember adding many of them to my list. I'm sure they are all good in their own way. I find humor in books that teach you how to simplify. Really? You need a book to tell you how to get rid of clutter or things you don't use or need?

A couple of these books talk about how to be a hospitable host. Really? Think about the places you've stayed and how you felt or were treated. Do that or don't do that. Be kind. Provide your guests with a comfortable place to sleep and clean towels.

If you like flowers, pick up a bouquet the next time you shop. Stick them in a vase on your table. Easy peasy. It doesn't have to be fancy or elaborate.

------------

I ended this purge with 2825 books and obviously I didn't list every single book that I deleted here. I'd like to say that it's progress, but let's be honest. I'll be adding more, we all know it!

What about you? How many books are on your TBR? Do you ever go through and clean it out?

Comments

Post a Comment