Weekend Reflections 12/16

Looking outside...it's clear and cold. But the sun is shining. It's currently 23. We had our first snowfall last night. 

Listening...to silence. The Doctor is seeing patients this morning. The Boy is on the couch under a blanket. The Artist is still asleep.

Loving...Yesterday was my birthday. The Doctor and I drove up to McCall to get a burger at our favorite little restaurant. Yes, we drive 2 hours just to get a burger at My Father's Place. But, you have to understand. These burgers are delicious and McCall is our happy place.

We love the drive up. The winding road through the mountains. The river that runs along the road. We love the drive and we talk and plan and share and just enjoy being together.

Yesterday, the drive was snowy. The trees were gorgeous. The river that we rafted this summer was full of ice. It was beautiful. 

Thinking...that I am blessed.

In my kitchen...Crio Bru. But, I ran out of Sugar-Free Caramel Syrup last night, so I need to pick up some more. Tonight, we're grilling burgers, because...Snow BBQ!

Wearing...fuzzy yellow minion jammies, black turtleneck and black slippers.

Reading...Let's just not talk about it. I've become a book blogger who doesn't read books.

Today...I am working on bills.

Quoting...“The secret of Christmas is not the things you do, at Christmas time. But the Christmas things you all year through." -- The Secret of Christmas, sung by SHeDAISY

Feeling...tired, but surprisingly content. Epiphanies are amazing. Not always easy to acknowledge, but amazing nonetheless. Understanding yourself and why you have specific or limiting beliefs is key to moving forward and becoming better. I am a far from perfect person and I say and do things I regret. But, life is a journey and I am realizing that progress only comes when you are willing to accept the need to be discerning about yourself.

Planning...this week. I think I have most of the Christmas shopping finished. Thank goodness for online orders. I need to finish the quilt I'm making, but the fabric I need is delayed by weather and won't arrive until Monday.

Gratitude...for the good things that social media brings. The main reason I stay on Facebook is because it allows me to connect with friends and family who live away from me. Yesterday, it was so fun to read the birthday wishes from people I love.

From my world... 



I may be a book blogger who isn't reading books right now, but that didn't stop me from finding a book ornament and putting it on our tree.

What about you? What are you reflecting on this week? How has your week gone?

Comments

  1. Happy birthday a day late!

    We got snow last weekend - Friday and Saturday. I can't believe we got snow before you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment