Books I Have Forgotten

Each month I revisit some of my past reviews. One of the reasons I started this book blog was to remember what books I have read. My memory isn't the greatest anymore and I found that I would read a book and then not remember if I liked it or what it was even about.

Maybe one of these will prompt you to seek out an older, but amazing book. Or, if you've read one of these and your review was different, please share!

--------------------------------------------

The Sugarless Plum by Zippora Karz
3/5 Stars
1/2010

"This was a memoir I thoroughly enjoyed. I love ballet and while it's not a "tell all" book, the insiders look into the world of the New York City Ballet was fascinating. Zippora's account of the perseverance it took to become a prima ballerina is inspiring: the hard work and hours of practice; the pressure to not only excel, but succeed to the expectations of greats like George Balanchine."

I don't remember anything about this and if I liked it so much, I wonder why it received only 3 stars?

The Grief of Others by Leah Hager Cohen
9/2011
3/5 Stars

"Beautifully lyrical, but with moderate, unnecessary profanity. While this isn't necessarily a book that I would re-read, it's a compelling story about life and family heartbreak and how tragedy has the ability to both bring us together and divide us forever. "

I have no memory of this one.
Pirate of My Heart by Jamie Carie
4/5 Stars
9/2011

"This is an exciting, entertaining story with a charming heroine and handsome hero. While I found myself annoyed at times with Kendra's instant ability to jump to the wrong conclusions, I admired her gumption. And with evil villains and scoundrels, Dorian was the perfect hero, always rushing to the rescue. Along the way, though, they both learn the importance of God and family."

Apparently I enjoyed it.

--------------------------------------------

What about you? What are some of the books you've read in previous years?

Comments