Weekend Reflections 10/8

Looking outside...it's sunny and cool at 59, but only supposed to be in the mid 70s. It looks like a quintessential fall day. This week we hit the stage of fireplace in the morning and doors open in the afternoon. But the leaves are changing and fall is definitely arriving.

Listening...to silence. The Doctor is at work. The Artist is sleeping.

Loving...having The Boy home last weekend. It had only been 3 weeks, but what a long three weeks. I am so grateful for texting!

Thinking...that we are facing some professional changes in our lives that are overdue and it is at once fearful and exciting.

In my kitchen...a cup of hot chocolate right now. We had chili last night.

Wearing...red penguin pajamas, white t-shirt and gray cardigan.

Hoping...that I can find some motivation for reading.


Reading...posted a review for Triple Love Score by Brandi Megan Granett this week. First actual book I've read in a month.

Today...my nieces and nephew have been here this week, visiting from California while their parents are on a cruise. We went to the zoo this week and the rec center for swimming. Not sure what today brings.

Quoting...

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be 
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance 
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance 
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears 
Looms but the Horror of the shade, 
And yet the menace of the years 
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate, 
How charged with punishments the scroll, 
I am the master of my fate, 
I am the captain of my soul.
― William Ernest Henley

Feeling...So proud of The Boy. These last few weeks have stretched him and seen him do things that are outside his comfort zone. It is such a beautiful thing to watch your children grow up and become genuinely good people.

Planning...we have some decisions to make.

Gratitude...for my boys. It was a joy to see them reunited last weekend and to observe how much they love each other.

From my world... 


The Artist wears a gray beanie and gray hoodie all the time. Literally. He started wearing them last winter and didn't stop. I think it's a sensory thing for him. The only time he takes it off is at church, when we pray, at the dinner table and in the water. I think he sleeps in it. It didn't matter that we hit triple digits this summer. He wore the beanie anyway. He did ditch the hoodie when it got really hot, but not the beanie.

We only had two gray beanies. I would make him switch them out almost daily so I could wash them. Now it is fall and winter wear has returned to the store. Volde-mart had beanies back in stock. Gray ones. We bought 4. Best $8.00 I've spent in a while and The Artist is happy.

What about you? What are you reflecting on this week? How has your week gone?

Comments

Post a Comment