Conversation at Our House...Art

We have tried to raise our boys with an understanding and appreciation of different types of art and music. I think we've done a decent job. This conversation was when they were about 9 and 11. Still one of my favorites.
-------------------------------------------


The Boy: "Mom, you know how the TMNT are all named for artists?"
Mom: "Yes."
The Boy: "Can you get me biographies of all of them? DaVinci, Michelangelo and the others? I was just thinking that I really want to learn about them. And Beethoven, too. I also need to get a poster or something of the Mona Lisa so I can start drawing it."
Mom: (After giving him a big kiss.) "Absolutely I can find you some biographies! I have some books about Michelangelo you can start looking at now."
The Boy: "Awesome!"

The Brother: (Looking at the cover of the Michelangelo art book I just handed his brother) "Hey, that's David!"

Comments