Weekend Reflections 8/27

Looking outside...it's sunny and hot. 89 is cooler than it has been, but it's still hot. I am so ready for fall.

Listening...to silence. The Boy and The Doctor are at work and The Artist is sleeping. It sounds like a normal Saturday.

Loving...my family. They are my world.

Thinking...that The Artist started school this week. It's hard to believe he's a sophomore. He's had a great first week as far as classes and school go. 

In my kitchen...a cup of hot chocolate right now. I'm not sure about dinner.

Wearing...purple pajamas. It's my standard summer sleep wear.

Hoping...that we will finally get the Trailblazer back next week. The warranty will cover a new engine, thank goodness and it should be fixed next week.


Reading...To Capture What We Cannot Keep by Beatrice Colin

Today...We have a funeral for a dear friend who passed away suddenly this week. I love this man and his wife. He was my son's scout leader at church and I worked with him for several years when I was the Advancement Chair for scouts. He was kind and considerate and a truly good man. He looked out for The Artist on activities and encouraged him. Most of all he loved him and The Artist knew it. The Artist had a difficult week because he found out about this man's death at school. A friend's mom texted and the boy proceeded to tell everyone what happened. The Artist immediately texted me asking if it was true. I hadn't even heard about it yet and I had to confirm it. I was livid that he had found out in such a casual manner with no one to explain or comfort him. He has handled it well and we have talked a lot about it and shared our memories. We will take him to the funeral tonight and we have tried to walk him through what will happen. This is the first time someone close to him has died where he is aware of it.

Quoting...“Those we love never truly leave us, Harry. There are things that death cannot touch.” ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One and Two"


Feeling...My heart has been heavy this week as I have remembered our dear friend and prayed that his wife and family will find peace and comfort.

Planning...we are acquiring and shopping and crossing off lists as we prepare for The Boy to go to school.

Gratitude...for my family, for my faith in God, for good friends.

From my world... 


My kitchen table has become the collection point as we keep adding to it. We have been shopping and collecting and organizing all that the boy needs for his first college apartment. Some things are new, some things are from my kitchen that we no longer use anymore. Fortunately, he's fairly low maintenance.

What about you? What are you reflecting on this week? How has your week gone?

Comments