#CoverCrush: Out of Nowhere


I will freely admit that I judge books by their covers. The cover is usually what first captures my attention when browsing Goodreads or Netgalley. Actually, in all honesty, it isn't just usually, it's pretty much all the time. The cover determines if I look at the synopsis and reviews.



This is a mystery, which is invoked by the dark palette and the ominous clouds. But, I love this cover because it is San Francisco. Not only that, I know this exact spot in San Francisco. This is the view from Fort Point, which is an old fort underneath the south side of the Golden Gate bridge. I have walked that pier. I love San Francisco, it was my playground as a teenager/YA. I miss the ocean, I miss good sourdough bread. I miss the iconic bridge and watching the fog roll in.

What about you? Any book covers capture your attention this week?

Cover Crush is a weekly series that originated with Erin at Flashlight Commentary. If you want to check out some other terrific bloggers and what their Cover Crush posts look like, you can do that here: The Maiden's Court, Flashlight CommentaryA Bookaholic SwedeLayered Pages, indieBRAG.

Comments