#CoverCrush: Happy People Read and Drink Coffee


I will freely admit that I judge books by their covers. The cover is usually what first captures my attention when browsing Goodreads or Netgalley. Actually, in all honesty, it isn't just usually, it's pretty much all the time. The cover determines if I look at the synopsis and reviews.



This is gorgeous. So bright and colorful. I am immediately drawn back to memories of Paris and Italy. The synopsis tells me the book is set in Paris and Ireland. The synopsis also tells me that the story will be fraught with some ups and downs. The title tells me that it should ultimately end happy.

Perhaps. This looks to be an English translation of a book that was originally published in French.


The original French cover? Dark, muted colors and a sober woman sitting in a cafe with a cup of coffee and a cigarette. It invokes a completely different feeling. One that is maudlin and morose, rather than cheerful and happy. I am curious to read this book to see which cover actually might fit it the best.

What about you? Any book covers capture your attention this week?

Cover Crush is a weekly series that originated with Erin at Flashlight Commentary. If you want to check out some other terrific bloggers and what their Cover Crush posts look like, you can do that here: Flashlight Commentary, A Bookaholic Swede.

Comments

  1. The first cover definitely makes me want to read the book. The second, not so much. I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the second French cover. I love the dark colors and the woman sitting alone.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment