#CoverCrush: A Spool of Blue Thread


I will freely admit that I judge books by their covers. The cover is usually what first captures my attention when browsing Goodreads or Netgalley. Actually, in all honesty, it isn't just usually, it's pretty much all the time. The cover determines if I look at the synopsis and reviews.



I have decided that I am drawn to simple covers. This in particular caused me to take a second look. I was immediately curious: is it a story about a seamstress or dressmaker? What is the setting or the time period? None of that is apparent simply by looking at the cover. It requires picking up the book or looking for a synopsis to see if I am finally reeled in and want to read it.

What about you? Any book covers capture your attention this week?

Cover Crush is a weekly series that originated with Erin at Flashlight Commentary. If you want to check out some other terrific bloggers and what their Cover Crush posts look like, you can do that here: A Bookaholic Swede.

Comments

  1. I love looking at book covers as well. I also thinks its interesting when they change dramatically with different editions of the novel. This cover is eye catching and does make me wonder what it is about as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment