How much do you read?


How much do you actually read? Few of us get as much time as we’d really LIKE for reading, but do as much as we can, so … how many books do you read? How many hours a day?

There was a time when I would have answered this question with, "As often as I can". My high for books read in a year was 163 in 2010. Last year I read 39, which I realize is still a high number for some people.

I read quickly. I prefer print to ebook, but so many review copies are now only available in ebook form, so I've gotten used to reading on my tablet.

When I fell into reviewing, I tended to accept any and all books offered to me. Now, I've become more discerning in what books I do accept for review. It really has to grasp my attention. For the most part, I've stopped doing scheduled reviews or book tours, because I just don't like reading for a deadline.

I read every day. I don't always read review books. However. I always read before falling asleep. So my daily reading total is usually around 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

What about you?

Comments

  1. I feel like I don't read as much as I used to either but my life has become busier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm averaging reading about an hour to two hours daily. Except on Sunday;s. I might be getting a half hour of reading on that day. If I do tours, I don't review the books anymore. I choose to do a guest post or highlight. Deadlines are tough for reviewing and I review better when I'm not under that kind-of pressure. Then there is NetGalley. lol. Whole different ball park.
    This year my goal is to read 53 books. We will see how that goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am currently reading, 1-3 books/mo. If I am loving the book, I may read it in one or two sittings. If it's an ok book, it is more like 4-5 sittings. I also like the print version. I am getting more use to e-books too, though. I try not to accept free books for more than I can read in a month, even though it is tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read every day, for at least an hour or two. I try very hard to read on my lunch break at work and then for at least an hour at night before bed. I would read all day every day if I could ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read during lunch...and the book in my hand is much more important than the food. And when there's nothing on TV (which is most nights), I read after dinner, too. But if I had to answer your question truthfully, I'd say I don't read nearly enough. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment