Books I have forgotten...

One of the reasons I started this book blog was to remember what books I have read. My memory isn't the greatest anymore and I would read a book and then not remember if I liked it or what it was even about.

So, I threw this blog together and it was a place simply for my own reference purposes. It didn't take long for me to discover the world of book blogging and reviewing. It's been a blast and I've read so many books I probably never would have considered, if it hadn't been for blogging.

I was browsing through some past reviews and many books I didn't remember reading or even whether or not I liked them. So, I thought it would be fun to revisit past reads. Maybe one of these will prompt you to seek out an older, but amazing book. Or, if you've read one of these and your review was different, please share!

--------------------------------------------

Persuasion by Jane Austen
4/5 Stars
09/2007

Anne Elliot is one of my favorite Austen heroines, and Captain Wentworth is just divine.  Anne is intelligent and witty, thoughtful and compassionate. Her family is nuts. It's not easy reading, but it's a good novel. Watch the adaptation with Amanda Root and Ciaran Hinds. It's the best.


Winter Solstice by Rosamunde Pilcher
5/5 Stars
09/2007

Winter Solstice is delightful and thought-provoking. Pilcher's narratives are pure prose. You find yourself immersed in the world of Scottish tweeds and cottages and hospitality. She captures the intense feelings of grief, and the hope that comes when you learn to love again. This is a book that I reread over and over again.


Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
2/5 Stars
12/2007

My review is too long to summarize. Suffice it to say it wasn't my favorite and I think that this book would have been better if it weren't written in first person. Bella is so shallow that you don't get the character development from the other characters. In this story, especially, there would have been so much more depth if it was told in third person, where we actually get Edward's reaction to Bella, rather than simply Bella's confusion.


What about you? What are some of the books you've read in previous years?

Comments

  1. I remember when Twilight was so big. One of Carl's uncles, who was close to 80 at the time, read it because he wanted to know what all the fuss was about. He told me not to bother with it and I took his advice. I can't say I've ever regretted it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment