Before We Go...Film Review

About the film:
Before We Go, the directorial debut of Chris Evans, follows the journey of two strangers stuck in New York City for the night. Starting as convenient acquaintances, the two soon grow into each other's most trusted confidants when a night of unexpected adventure forces them to confront their fears and take control of their lives.

I am not one to normally write movie reviews. But, I adored Before We Go. I haven't seen all of Chris Evans' films and I haven't loved every one that I have watched. Trust me when I tell you to skip London, but watch Snowpiercer. It will frak with your mind, and I could only watch it once because it affected me so much. But it's absolutely amazing and devastating at the same time.

I have enjoyed the two films I saw that Alice Eve was in: The Decoy Bride and Star Trek: Into Darkness.


Before We Go was quite simply, a delight. It is so refreshing to watch a truly romantic movie that doesn't rely on sex to sell it. Instead, the film relied on a sweet, sincere intimacy because the chemistry between Nick and Brooke was so believable. I enjoy dialogue-centric films and this one was perfect in that sense. Discussion and conversations; explanations and confession; friendship and a hint at falling in love.


Well worth the instant video purchase, this is one I've watched several times. I can't pick a favorite scene as there is something in nearly every one that I liked: the hotel scene was beautifully intimate as they shared some of their most honest thoughts and the pay phone scenes were funny with the last one being especially poignant.


It's a fantastic debut film for a first-time director and I think Chris Evans has a terrific eye for scene setting. I look forward to more from him as a director.


Spoiler alert: the ending is appropriate to the story, but does leave you craving more. I'm dying to know what Nick wrote on the back of the card!!

I purchased my copy from Amazon and just wanted to share how much I liked it. You can get your own copy here.

5/5 Stars



This post was shared at Share Your Cup Thursday, Treasure Hunt ThursdayGrace at HomeCoffee and ConversationLovely Little Link PartyCreative InspirationsHearts for Home, Brilliant Blog PostsNovember Blog PartyFeathered Nest FridayCreative DreamsFriday's Five, No Rules Blog Party, Welcome to the Weekend, Saturday SituationThe Gathering Spot, Wake Up Wednesday, Creative MusterWise WomanWholehearted HomeInspire Me WednesdayWednesday Showcase Pin Me Link Party, Simple and Sweet FridayWhat to do WeekendsPinworthy ProjectsHandmade HangoutWicked Awesome WednesdayWeekend Blog Hop,,What to Do Weekends,   
  

Comments

  1. I enjoyed this review! Really sparked my interest. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. So want to see this now! Thanks for linking up to #brilliantblogposts x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really good!! Thanks for sharing and for linking up to the Country Fair Blog Party!
    Laurie - Co-Host

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment