The Bridesmaid...Review

About the book:
Joanna Kurtz has made several trips to the altar, but never as a bride. The young Amishwoman is a closet writer whose stories aren't her only secret.

Eben Troyer hopes to make Joanna his bride--if he can ever leave his parents' farm in Shipshewana, Indiana. Yet Eben's hopes to build a life with Joanna hinge on his brother's return from the English world.

Beverly Lewis is my favorite Amish author and it's rare that I don't enjoy one of her books.  I really liked The Fiddler and I love Hickory Hollow as a story setting.  The Bridesmaid didn't quite live up to my expectations, and I think it's because of Joanna's sister Cora Jane.  She was such a selfish little troublemaker who never did receive any accountability over her actions.  I never connected with the characters and the storyline just fell flat. As a sequel to The Fiddler, this book stands alone just fine.  I'm looking forward to the rest of the series though because it is rare that I don't enjoy Beverly Lewis and I anticipate that future books will be better.

Thanks to my library for having a copy I could review.

Read 6/13

* *
2/5 Stars

Comments