Booking Through Thursday...Language

I saw a Latin edition of “The Hobbit” last time I was at the bookstore… Do you read any foreign languages? Do you ENJOY reading in other languages?

I don't read or speak a language other than English.  I took French in high school and Russian in college, but I am not even mildly proficient in either one and while I can "read" both, as in I can recognize the alphabet and pronunciations,  I have little to no comprehension about meaning.

I'd love to study a language again.

What about you?

Go here for more BTT posts.

Comments

  1. I can read some French but it would be a lot of work to read a book in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I studied Spanish is school, and can follow conversations pretty well, but can't read it or write it. English is the only language that I am fluent in. I also would love to study language again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read books in French and Italian. Found them more lyrical than some of the English ones. It certainly is a different experience to read a book in another language.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment