Weekend Reflections 1/5

Looking outside...it's still cold.  So cold that there is still snow on the ground from New Years and we have a forecast of possible snow tomorrow.  I think the high yesterday was 16.  There is sunshine and some blue sky however.  Sunshine in the wintertime is glorious.

Listening...this morning it was Firefly. Most of break it's been Deep Space Nine.  The Boy is now into Season 5.  He won't be able to watch it non-stop once school starts.

Loving...the opportunities that a new year brings.  I have some goals in mind for this year and many hopes and dreams.

Thinking...that the boys go back to school on Monday!  I've loved the break, but I'm ready for routines.

In my kitchen...pizza for the boys and date night for The Doctor and me.

Wearing...still in my jammies.  They're red with little black and white penguins on them.

Needing...to start putting away Christmas.  The Artist wants the tree left up until his birthday next week, but I'm feeling a real need to put it all away and have a fresh, clean, open house.

Reading...Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker by Jennifer Chiaverini

Today...rest and relaxation and some reading. A little work, but no stress.

Hoping...to put away some of Christmas.  I may leave the tree up for The Artist, but the rest needs to go.

Planning...for The Artist's birthday next week.  Still not sure what we want to do and I need to pick up another birthday gift for him.

Gratitude...for doctors, both medical and holistic and for prescription medication and herbal remedies that work together.

From my world...you never know where the TARDIS will show up.  This one appeared on my garage freezer.



What about you?  What are you reflecting on today?

Comments

  1. 16 degrees? I doubt it will get that cold here all winter. I was whining yesterday because it was only 51. I'm a wimp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to hearing what you think about Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker. A copy showed up in my mail earlier this month, and it looks pretty good.

    We still have snow too, but a lot of it melted yesterday when it was slightly warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG 16 whole degrees?!? IT was up in the 50's here in North GA today and I only had to wear a sweater outside. And snow? what's that again? LOL! Happy Weekend Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoy 'Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker' and I am anxious to see what you think about it. It's on my books to be read list for this month and I would love to see what you think of it.

    Kimberlee
    http://girllostinabook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's cold and snowy here, too. I've taken down most of the Christmas stuff, but our tree is still up and I can't bring myself to take it down yet.

    I'll be starting Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker later today - I hope it's as good as it sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeek, I hate those below freezing days! We're finally getting a few warm days, some highs this week will be close to 50! I'm hoping the snow from over the holiday season finishes melting this week.

    Love Firefly :)

    Have fun with taking the decorations down!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really cold here too. I'm looking forward to getting my house back sans Christmas tree. Reading Population:485 by Michael Perry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I returned to school today, as the teacher (!), and I must admit to missing the routine as well. Not to mention the dear children's faces. They came in hugging me, which of course is the best present of all.

    I'm grateful for the medical care we get, too. In our house, it's for dentists. My son and I seem to have cavity prone teeth even though we take excellent care of them. :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment