Christmas Pony...Review

About the book:
Eight-year-old Lucy Turnbull knew better than to wish for a pony that Christmas in 1937. Her mother had assured her in no uncertain terms that asking for a pony was the same as asking for the moon. Besides, the only extra mouths they needed at their boarding house were the paying kind. But when an interesting pair of strangers comes to town, Lucy starts to believe her Christmas wishes might just come true after all. 

The queen of the Christmas novel, Melody Carlson pens another magical tale of expectation and excitement as one little girl dreams big and the impossible becomes possible.

Lucy Turnbull wants a pony more than anything, but she knows that money for food is scarce, let along money for ponies.  Nevertheless, Lucy is a little girl of strong faith and knows that God answers prayers and if she can't have a pony, she would love to see her mother smile again. When a young, mismatched couple arrives in need of a place to stay, Lucy herself could never imagine how her Christmas will change.

Over the years, I've come to expect good things from Melody Carlson's Christmas stories and The Christmas Pony did not disappoint me.  These were terrific, believable characters I immediately connected with and cared about.  Even Veronica, although I didn't like her as much as the rest of the cast, with good reason.  Lucy was delightful and George was just charming.

This was a delightful story that I read in one sitting.  It will become a part of my Christmas story collection to be read again.

Available Sept 2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group. Thanks to Donna at Baker Publishing for the opportunity to review this book.  You can learn more about Melody Carlson here.  You can purchase your own copy here.

Read 10/12

* * * * *
5/5 Stars

Comments

  1. What a great story for the holidays! I need a good light Christmas book, and this one seems like it would be a good fit for me. Thanks for the great review, and for showing me that there are still some great holiday reads out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking for Christmas reads and this one sounds nice.

    Thanks for dropping by my nook. The link you left on my (Places to read) post doesn't seem to be working. Hope you don't mind that I commented on your Christmas Pony review post instead.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment