The Chocolate Lovers' Club...Review

About the book:
The Chocolate Lovers’ Club brings together four very different women with one thing in common: they can't resist chocolate. This is an irresistible novel for anyone who wishes they were a member! Lucy Lombard can't resist it - rich, creamy, sweet, delicious chocolate. For her there's nothing it won't cure - from heartache to a headache - and she's not alone. Sharing her passion are three other addicts: Autumn, Nadia and Chantal. Together they form The Chocolate Lovers' Club. They meet in their sanctuary, Chocolate Heaven, as often as they can, and with a cheating boyfriend who promises he'll change, a flirtatious boss, a gambling husband and a loveless marriage, there's always plenty to discuss!

I was disappointed. I loved the premise: a group of women who get together to share their lives and love of chocolate, in a store called, "Chocolate Heaven." I'd love to be able to visit a place like that--sort of a Starbucks type chocolaterie. There were bits and pieces of the story that I enjoyed. The friendship and support between the women was great. I loved the scene when the girls get their revenge on the creep who stole Chantal's jewelry. Awesome revenge sequence!

But, I don't know how I can even admit this next part: there was too much talk of chocolate. It was unrealistic, and yes, I know, it's a novel so it can be unrealistic. But, there is no way that you can eat as much chocolate as these women do and still be fit and thin, even with occasional yoga classes.

There were several s*x scenes, and that was several more than I needed. There is also fairly liberal use of the "F" word, which I don't need either. Honestly, I can't recommend it.

Thanks to my local library for having a copy I could borrow.  If you're so inclined, you can purchase your own copy here.

Read 5/08


1/5 Stars

Comments