SAHM I Am...Review

About the book:
For the members of a stay-at-home-moms' e-mail loop, lunch with friends is a sandwich in front of the computer. But where else could they discuss things like . . .
  Success: Her workaholic husband is driving Dulcie Huckleberry around the bend. It's hard to love someone in sickness and in health when he's never home!
 
Art: Let the children express themselves, opines artistic Zelia Muzuwa, and then her son's head gets stuck inside a kitty scratching post . . .

Health: Surely aches and pains are normal in an active little boy, yet those of soccer-mom Jocelyn Millard's son don't seem to be going away.

Motherhood: Teen-mom-turned-farmer's-wife Brenna Lindberg can deal with the mud and the chickens, but what about her husband's desire for a child of his own?

Indiscretions: However youthful, they can come back to haunt you, learns pastor's wife Phyllis Lorimer.

Amends: These could stand to be made between officious list moderator Rosalyn Ebberly and her pampered sister, Veronica. Perhaps the other SAHM I AMers can teach these two something about sisterhood.


Chick-lit. No wait, I like some chick-lit. This was more chick-light. Anyone who has ever been on an email/yahoo-type group will understand the book. You'll even identify with some of the characters, and the misunderstandings that come about because so much is lost with email communication. I did find a couple of the characters simply too extreme and unrealistic. There were none I neither identified with nor cared about.

It was laugh out loud funny in places, but for the most part, I found it annoying. It is written in email format and is a very quick, very light read. I couldn't get it finished fast enough. Although it was quite popular on Goodreads, this one won't be going on my bookshelf.

Read 1/08

*
1/5 Stars

Comments

  1. Holly, I'm so glad you visited yesterday! I love books tremendously, and if my stack of "to-read" books goes lower that three, I panic and run to the library for 7-8 more (or the bookstore...hands down my favorite place to visit!).

    I'll be checking back to discuss books and get ideas on what to read next.

    God bless, and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment