The Search for Joyful...Review

About the book:
When her dear friend O Be Joyful died in a flu epidemic, Mrs. Mike Flannigan opened her home--and her heart--to her orphaned child, Kathy Forquet. But as the terrors of World War II drew closer, Kathy decided to leave this familiar home to do her part and become a nurse. Out in the world, her life fills with drama and excitement as she meets two very different men. And as she learns about herself and the world beyond her hometown, she searches for the elusive prize she has sought for so long: the meaning of true joy...

I liked it. I absolutely loved the novel Mrs. Mike, which I first read as a young girl. When I discovered that there was a sequel, I was delighted. I didn't love this book as much as I loved Mrs. Mike, but it was a moving portrayal of a difficult time in the world, and a young woman's experiences made even more difficult because of her Indian ancestry. If you're familiar with Mrs. Mike, I think you'll enjoy this as well.

Read 5/07

Comments

  1. I will have to search out this novel and give it a go! If it is not quite as good as Mrs. Mike, but better than Kathy Little Bird... I'll probably like it! Plus I hate leaving a series open eneded! Thanks, Pris
    www.benterudbookshelf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment